View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I'm pretty sure it can be done by after market units, i'd hunt around for a more comprehensive gps device to run through it if i were you, as my eperience is the factory fitted unit isn't all that 'intelligent'. I have a portable Mio 'Digi Walker' which i bought 9 months ago for $700. It is a pocket PDA, which plays mp3's, displays photo's, everything that a pda will do, but comes with a gps antenna and 'Co Pilot' software. Fully touch screen compatible. I have this mounted on the space to the left of the BA steering column (where the GT starter button is fitted). I'll do the same thing when i get my bf too (wish Ford had come up with better initials, geez.) It's a very good unit and if you miss a turnoff, it will actually recalculate the route for you, and still get you to your destination. I've been told that the factory unit just tells you to turn around ??? Could be wrong, either way, it's an idea for you to consider.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote