View Single Post
Old 17-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #248
AAXR8

Post Advice on how I quit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniacidz View Post
Just add my bit

May 27th 2011 is when i finally gave up the smokes.

I have mentioned prior, took a few attempts via patches and Champix (which worked for me) and havent gone back.

Dont mind at all the passive smoke, in fact i encourage friends whom smoke to still light up in front of me cos i still like the smell of it still. lol
PLEASE GUYS DON'T CRITICISE ITS JUST MY STORY ABOUT QUITTING!!!
I was 25 and I had been smoking since 13 ( please don't criticise because It made me look cool so I still pay the price! ) But I was told I had emphysema at 25 after X Rays & my symptoms where that I felt I couldnt breath ! So the YOUNG doctor I saw & never had before, told me that if I quit now I would still live to a good age. So she gave me Champix and I set a date! But from what I remember you have to take them before you quit, I think 2 weeks before, but I got alot of side affects weird body feelings an unable to sleep, things like that! But the way I did it was the day I quit and I went from 25 a day to near nothing by the end of that day BUT THE CRAVING WAS THAT BAD THAT INSTEAD OF THINKING THATS IT I CAN'T HAVE A SMOKE!! I DON'T SMOKE I CAN HAVE ONE ANYTIME I WANT & HAD 3 that night with the routines I had that were the hardest to brake etc one after dinner, before bed, YOU KNOW. BUT i LASTED AS LONG AS i COULD WITH THAT BAD, HARD CRAVING BUT I ALSO STILL LIVED THE SAME LIFE! BUT JUST CHANGED MY THOUGHTS SO IT WAS NOT SO INTENSE, SO I STILL WENT TO THE PUB, HUNG OUT WITH MY MATES WHO SMOKED & YES IT WAS THE HARDIEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD TO DO IN MY LIFE!!! BUT BY THE 3RD DAY I DID NOT FEEL LIKE ONE ANYMORE and that's been 8 Years NOW! And I quoted uniacidz because like him and near everyone else we all go through the same withdrawl affects but if you can change your thinking by IF I NEED ONE I CAN HAVE ONE, WHERE AS IF YOU THINK THATS IT NO MORE YOU GO CRAZY! SO IMO if you still have 3 a day for the first week if its to hard!! And eventually 1 a day thats a lot better then 25 a day & I hope the day that come for me comes for YOU & anyone that is giving up eventually getting the feeling they taste like dog poo poo ! And your craving Changes to you don't even feel like one THEN YOUR WINNING!! MY FLAT MATES GIVING UP AND SHE HAS BEEN SMOKING FOR 35 YEARS 10-25 A DAY ISN'T USING CHAMPIZ BUT THE PATCHES AND THE SAME WAY I DID IT IS WORKING AND IT'S BEEN 5 DAYS and its getting EASIER now! I also went back to the doctors a year later and had a chest problem so I had XRAYS again and asked what was happening with the emphysema and the Doctor said & NO JOKE ohh sorry she made a mistake it was Bronchitis!! I was so angry but was happy because I had finally quit! The price these days is ridiculous! I can't believe $30 a pack! When I smoked I payed $15
Good Luck to Anyone that is trying and remember Don't be to hard on yourself take your time and the Cravings STOP!!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

Last edited by GasoLane; 17-09-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Please dont try to avoid the swear filter
AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: