View Single Post
Old 13-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I wish I'd been born 30 years earlier

Hmmm i dunno Ford-The-Win, i really liked the 60s and 70s, as for living longer because we have it so good, that is subjective imo,
but i will concede the drugs and hospitals are better these days, without which i suspect we would be dropping like flys probably faster than the old days................

in any event, if and when we do hit the magic over populated number, i think the earths population will self regulate, we will run short of food and die off or have a world war over food or resources, religion, or real estate or some old codger geriatric country leader/dictator will hit a red button and say "what does this button do" the population counter will be reset somewhat.
If nothing else Humans in their traits are fairly predictable, we call ourselves civilized in the computer age, with probably millions of homeless/starving in various parts of the globe, yet lots of country's still spending millions, billions, even trillions on militaria,
the gadgets change , but humans are really still the same, and that imo is just the way it is and we might as well just make the best of it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote