View Single Post
Old 24-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #174
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundybloke
My Au1 XR8 ute does it too only on the drivers side rear wheel, I've replaced the disc with DBA slotted all round and new pads too june last year. Its due to the handbrake shoes not centralising themselves correctly once you release the handbrake and it doesn't matter if you've got a tight or loose adjustment on the cable. There is a pivot end and a fixed end, the fixed end is the shonkly bit that doesn't hold the handbrake shoe in correctly.

Had it to a couple of ford dealers, midas and a local mechanic for it to be fixed. The last ford place said it was a desgin flaw from new and the guys that orginally desgined it actually won an award for it (probably cause they new that they make extra money from it), anyway they said it would never be able to be correctly fixed.

The local bloke (just recently) had a go and said it was important not to move the vehicle whislt the handbrake was on and make sure it was released full before moving. he did play with the bracket on the fixed end and did some slight grinding, this stoped the noise but only for a couple of days and I haven't been back to see him yet if there is anything else worth trying.
We've tried everything on my sled as well Bundy same deal here, fix only lasts a few weeks. Its pretty well if you got it deal with it situation on the Au utes.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote