View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
bobofkew
Starter Motor

Default Re: Fuel pump for higher end mods

2000 SW Auto 140,000kms has just been sold; over the period I owned the car I had the fuel pump issue several times replacing 3 pumps.

With the last pump replacement I had the pump tested when it was removed and it tested OK which caused the dealer service department to re-investigate the issue further. They did not really come up with an answer but exchanged the EFI and Fuel Pump Relays which appeared to give a more satisfactory result.

However, the correct answer is not to let the fuel tank level fall below 1/4 (and do not overfill the tank) and even then, when the fuel tank quantity gets low the is a tendency for the engine to misfire.

Since selling the vehicle I have available For Sale 1 Fuel Pump/Sender Unit which was removed form my vehicle, tested and found serviceable with the test certification available.

I am asking $325 for this pump plus postage at your cost (located Eastern Suburbs Melbourne) Last time I checked Ford wanted $2750 for the pump Sender unit; wreckers Price around $375 and last time I checked Mercury dealer ine the US U$465 plus UPS?Fedex

Contact me here with PM or check eBay and Gumtree where the pump is advertised.
bobofkew is offline   Reply With Quote