View Single Post
Old 20-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #29
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2011 fiesta zetec - weird noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya View Post
**** them!
Tell them there is a WT defect known in the Ford system.
Tell them that consumer affairs would be interested in the run around you are getting.
Tell them that you are unhappy with the inconsistent diagnosis you are getting.
Basically, tell them to **** off, take your car to another Ford dealer, ( my seller is not my local dealer yet the local dealer have been wonderful ), tell them your symptoms, tell them straight up that your forum experience points you to the steering shaft and demand action.
Your dealer is playing the old " do lots of everything, without doing anything" routine to milk both you and Ford Australia.

Please tell your new dealer to check their Ford system under the Victorian registration "SHORTI" to confirm the steering shaft issue.
thanks for your response

Im not sure its the steering shaft issue. (this is where the steering has a knock in it??) Even so it did have this, and dealer no.1 did relube the steering shaft and now its beautiful to steer the car. Absolutely awesome.

Funnily enough, i just dropped it off at Ford dealer number 2. Told them my exact experiences, my thoughts on what it could be. And that i don't see this car as fit to take me to Brisbane in November. They were understanding and booked it in straight away.

I took a mechanic out on a drive who heard the noise, believes its in the front left corner. But said he needs more time to dig around (fair enough). I asked him whether this is a normal noise, he said no its not. (previous dealer said this is a normal noise, its what they do, and i quote "i would be happy to drive this car around Australia".

Fingers, toes, nuts everything is crossed right now. Im so over constantly driving this car to the dealer and never enjoying it anymore.

So if dealer no.2 finds a fault tomorrow when they look at it (which im a bit more confident they will) dealer no.1 will be in trouble. I know the dealer principal and will ring him directly, i will go to Ford Aus for a formal complaint and look into going to consumer affairs. I do believe they saw it is as a case for the too hard pile. First diagnosis was tyres making the noise, now CV joint boot making the noise. Both items are rubber, since when do rubber components make a metal noise? and since when should a CV joint be touching anything?

Thankfully i've documented everything on here so i can re jog my memory for when the need comes to write complaints.

Thanks for your help. I like your idea of consumer affairs.