View Single Post
Old 18-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #66
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: Bearmans Engine Rebuild

Finally!! Got the coupe back on Friday. No way known could I have ever thought this work would take 8 months. Good job and decent price but fafuxsakes, 8 god damn months??? This in spite of Stu and I putting plenty of pressure on. If I had any inkling it would have taken that long I wouldn't have bothered. Moving it elsewhere was not an option because it sat in the most part with the crossmember and lower rad support removed so it was not stable enough to move........

And I thought I got jerked around by the engine builder........

I left it with them thinking of a pickup around Easter would be more than enough time. Now it's almost too late for Echuca, I'm so ****ed!!!

Anyway, got the steering box. brakes and hydraulics all in along with the motor. Having big problems with those you beaut heavy duty engine mounts mis-aligning the motor in the engine bay resulting in Stu not being able to bolt up the gearbox cross member. The left mount went in no probs but had an absolute runt of a time on the right.

The plan now is to rip them out and chuck in the old ones, which are in good condition. Don't have the time to buggerize around with these other god damn things.

Got the left side extractors sitting in but can't get the right side in. No work today, Stu is on a family embargo (Sundays are off limits) and I've come down in a screaming heap with the dreaded lurgy.

Plan now is hopefully one night during the week to get the motor properly mounted in. Then I can get it flat bedded off to an exhaust joint to fit the right side extractors and new complete system. Once done I can spend the next weekend bolting everything else on and get the auto electrician back to fit off some wiring (Stu is away). Fathers day weekend get it fired up and I have the following week to drive it around and put some km's on it.

After that is a long promised holiday which I absolutely cannot reneg on (otherwise I will have my salada crackers cut off) then a few days before heading to Echuca to iron out any last minute gremlins.

Stressed and anxious for sure but the upside is that I will be at Echuca and NOT coupe-less. I have 2 offers of "spare" coupes so at least I will be able to be there and participate. Great bunch of guys in the club!!

Anyway, here's some pics:

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: