View Single Post
Old 24-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #50
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: AFF Coffee Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
I am using brownes cafe milk. But find that normal full cream is ok. As for what I was trying to achieve, more a latte, I knew I had done the milk too much, but went with it anyway. I put the choc ontop to make the foam taste better lol. My coffee is usually 1 shot to 1/3rd milk.
Depending on how Im feeling it could be full cream, or a skim milk. I find they both froth very similar and its only in the flavor you can notice the difference. The full fat you can get the froth to be a bit more dense. i.e. smaller bubbles.

Yes, I could tell it had a bit more milk to your cup. Nothing wrong it. If thats the way you like it, go for it. I tend to do the latte version but with more of a coffee head than a milk head.

My milk frothing style consists of making sure the milk is warm up enough via the wand, then allowing only juuust enough air exposure of the wand tip to create the tiniest of bubbles and keep the froth density 'tight'. None of these big foamy bubbles. The consistency out of the milk jug should be that of silky cream, and not having too much of it. I allow 5-10mm max of froth. When I pour I pour slowly to not over crowd the coffee crema but such that, the froth is juuust sitting beneath the layer of color, and then there my be a circle of froth about the size of a 50c piece in the centre of the cup. If that make sense.

Its not a right or wrong way, it's just the way I have enjoyed making it, and I find when you sip it, you get this silky sensation in your mouth directly followed by a smooth coffee/milky hit. Like liquid silk.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont