View Single Post
Old 24-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #46
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Coffee Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
I made this just now, I am home and trying to experiment, so I am having lots of coffee, I also don't know about others, but I run an empty basket between each pour, which seems to dislodge any old coffee from the previous pour. No matter what I do, I can't get slower than 10 seconds. This coffee pictured, the tamp was pretty dry, came out easy in one piece, but was still a 10 second pour. This is also as fine as the local roaster does as it is an espresso grind. Coffee itself still tasted great and I am more than happy with my milk skills now, except I can't do fancy patterns, but this coffee I poured the milk without a knife etc. The nice pretty glasses I got from work for $8, it took my partner a while to be convinced a glass like this was perfect and I was never going to make her a nice coffee in a normal mug.

I've never timed mine, be longer than 10 seconds

I work more on how it comes out of the head, if it comes out rich and smooth in colour and curls back as it goes (as blue described) I know I have it bang on

Milk I do as you said I have my fingers under and around the jug slowly swirling as I go and stop when it's to hot to touch.

Another trick I learned was to do the milk first I tend to get a thicker foam and less bubble, I then add it after I've ran the espresso

I like your style with the cup, kind of like drinking good wisky in a crap glass

That said I also have disposable cups I got from the cafe supply mob, great for the run to work, or the run to the shops, when your done the cups in the bin and no cleaning like the travel mugs that I find get a funny taste to them

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: