View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #60
gtfpv
GT

i had to change a forklift engine many years ago just after i started a new job . engine wiring gearbox reco the lot . took 3 days. it was on lpg . the rotor turns anti clockwise on the nissan forklift engine. i hooked it up to run like a car , clockwise . it was coughing and spluttering but would not start. the formane and leading hand came over to help out . now the muffler was on top of the engine. we all had our heads down listening . the forman was concentrating wextra hard with his head down listening whilst turning the dizzy . we were priming the muffler with sweet and pure lpg . when buuuuuuuuooooommmmmmm it shot his head up into a standing upright position and spun him around on his feet he took a step in that direction and kept walking never said a word . my ears were ringing for 3 days. a few years later he got a pay out for industrial deafness. the day it happened some workmates were 500metres away and drove back to the shop to see what the explosion was. the muffler was blown apart.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote