View Single Post
Old 22-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #123
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fuel Consumption on your Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuast View Post
I'm referring to the active fuel figure. Again it depends in certain circumstances. Keep in mind, an EcoBoost is more eco than a Trend. Ford estimate that the ST will be giving you an average of 7.5L/100km. From my experience, that's driving on the highway in 5th gear. Anyone with an ST, (ECOBOOST 256) will be able to see there real results.
I have to agree with Ken mate. This thread was designed to show the average fuel consumption, not instantaneous. Everyone drives differently, and the figures Ford quote are averages completed in a controlled environment.

Please don't be fooled by the ECOboost badge on your ST. Yes, they're extremely fuel efficient, but a Trend should be more efficient, just like your vehicle is much more powerful.

Back on topic, I'm averaging 8.1L per 100km. All city driving with short stretches at 60-80 km/h. I'm stoked. The vehicle just had its 15k service though, and the transmission is seamless now. Loving it.