View Single Post
Old 15-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #67
granny177
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Fords old Brisbane plant; any information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleheart
Good evening all,

I want to give myself a bit of a history lesson & am seeking information on the Brisbane assembly plant.

I have absolutely nothing on it, basically id like to know about it as much as possible. So when it opened & closed, how many cars it built, what cars it built, anything at all really.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
My Dad worked at the plant & was on the assembly line when the 1st falcon rolled off in 1960 during ww2 they assembled the army jeeps sent here from overseas I was there in the late 70's early 80's we built the fairlanes & ltd's we were used because of the quality control more humans less robots we used to push out up to 32/35 something cars a day at one time in an 8hr shift they also built Louisville trucks there in the early 80's before gjames glass took it over I could probably tell you more I have photos of my dad getting his 25 year gold watch and I have his 35 year plaque he retired at 37 years he also taught in the in house school how to assemble & work on the motors & gearboxes ford brisbane also built tractors & F100's which were used for ambulances back then & the ford cargos for a while
granny177 is offline   Reply With Quote