Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #652
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Well its been 5 weeks today since I came off my bike, smashing my hip, shoulder and helmet into the bitumen.

The physio has been great, and allowed me to start cycling on a wind trainer, starting from 3 minute sessions, and building up from there. I've got to say, it's not the same as going for a ride!

Today I got permission to increase my session to 15 mins... on the wind trainer. The reasoning behind this is that if I fell off onto my healing shoulder, I would do more harm than good.

My solution... don't fall off!

Taking advantage of the Tour de France sales going on... I scored!

I bought this carbon fibre a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't able to test ride it, and took it for a ride for the first time this arvo! Woohoo! First ride I've had in 5 weeks, and geez my lungs were stinging!

I only went for a 10km ride, I have to get used to the new shift mechanism, and learning a new riding position (after a flat-bar) but I wish I'd gone for the road bike to start with.

The new ride is an Avanti Cadent with Tiagra components, full carbon frame and forks.

I'm looking forward to getting back into riding, after too many weeks away!
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote