Thread: Focus vs Cruze
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
Foconatic

Default Re: Focus vs Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobysGT
So I took both for a test drive on Saturday morning and I must say the Focus is a much more superior car overall!

Firstly, the Focus looked a thousand times nicer in the flesh...the Cruze is quite an ugly looking car...however, there were some parts of the cockpit that looked too plastic-ky in the Ford but overall, it was a much nicer looking car than the Cruze

Secondly, even though the Cruze has more torque on paper, it was the Focus that felt a lot more torquey...the handling also felt better around corners in the Focus too...the automatic box felt a bit smoother in the Cruze though.

But it was the automatic parking in the Focus that made the wife fall in love with it. The keyless entry, voice controlled bluetooth and sports seats were also great features to have. One thing she didn't like was the fact that the indicators and wipers were reversed (being European built)..but that was no biggy.

So at this stage, we are definitely leaning towards the Focus.

But we have not put pen to paper just yet..going to test drive the Volkswagen Polo GTI this weekend and see how we go from there.
Which Focus/Cruze are looking at, sedan or hatch? I think the Cruze hatch is bland. It's hard to compare the autos as one is dual clutch and the other full auto. Better fuel economy with the dual clutch and quicker response less slip. After a while you will love the feel of the dual clutch for what it is.

Talking about keyless entry and therefore push button start, Have you compared the quality/look of the one on the Cruze? Looks cheap.

I believe the Thai built ones will have the indicators and wipers as per norm.

As for the for the Polo GTI, I was going to buy one but the wait at the time was 8-12 months for the top spec one. I'm happy I went for the Focus.
For the 20 years I've been in this country I was a Holden man but the Focus has converted me.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote