View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
whitetdci

Default Re: diesel tuning boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by digbc
I am interested in your input on how easy it was to install ,the quality of the unit itself and any thing else relevant as they are only $130au on ebay delivered from the uk .I have just bought a 2008 turbo diesel and am very impressed with the way it goes .I just drove from sydney to the central coast and back and must say the car definitely goes better after a good hwy run (a lot of suburban driving had probably gummed a few things up )
I am very new to the diesel scene and am myself just trying to come to terms with all the nuances. I have definitely noticed improved torque and power and it doesn't blow any smoke whilst doing so. The economy has improved as well. I have just done a fair bit of stop start driving with steep hills etc and it is still returning 6L/100k. On a flat easy run of approx 20km sitting on 70kph it was returning 4.6L/100k. I am just about to fit a K&N air filter to it as it has just arrived in the mail today $60.10 from the UK delivered. Seeing supercheap wanted $48 for a paper element one that is only good for one use this is better value. I already run one in another car so I have the cleaning and oiling kit already. This may help it breath a little easier too so it will be interesting to note the change, if any.
As for ease of fitting, it is just a plug and play. You just have to know how to get the plug off the rail. I had a little fun getting it off and used a small flat bladed screw driver to lever the tab open and push it down. To help me understand how it went together I plugged the male and female on the box together to see how it all worked. The box goes in series, so all you have to do is plug the box in to where you unplugged the lead from the rail and plug that lead into the other end. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. It is very easy. Hope this helps.
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote