View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #58
GTB 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gtb 351 - 1983 To Now And Beyond!

I was absolutely rooted at the wedding reception and fell asleep during the main course (comatos?) I can hardly remember any of it. The GT was still far from being finished and I didnt actually have lights or wipers etc and snuck the car home in darkness by following my brother in laws Monaro closely. I ran out of fuel 2.5km from home as the wedding party had photos taken at about 5 different locations all over the Barossa Valley and I wasnt expecting to clock up so many k's. The brakes were shocking(had refitted the single spots remember) with the Wilwood m/cyl. But over the next year work progressed and she was slowly getting sorted.
07 was the GT's first all ford day and she got lots of comments - good and bad. Had one knob jockey ask if was a real GT, I told him it was and he went on to tell me what a shame it was what I had done to the car. Somebody else wanted to know if I had a still fitted in the boot LOL. Enjoyed the drive to Seaview with the Barossa Valley Ford Club and entered it into their show and shine that year -

Parked next to Scotty's new GT.

And Werners Allan Moffat Special.

I hadnt yet trimmed the boot. Would get done before the GT Nats in Adelaide.
GTB 351 is offline   Reply With Quote