View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
brydie76
Moff-fan

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
I enjoyed your post FezWQ. Particularly the 'over sensitive' barb.

I have a few questions to put to you.

Considering I required $10K worth of rust cut out of the car when it was only 3 months old, was surrounded by the dealer principal, service manager and several other mechanics in an attempt to intimidate me - trying to convince me that the rust was 'a characteristic' of modern cars and that I didn't know what I was talking about (and it required the Fair Trading Dept to set them straight) - do you believe I was 'oversensitive' to that?

Considering you state that 'Ford are as good as other companies' then you must have experienced the same treatment when you had issues with your Hyundai? I bet not....

You state that your WS had 'a few normal small warranty issues.' I ask, what is a 'normal' warranty issue? Are cars designed by Ford to be faulty from the factory?

Many members have experienced 'pinging' with their Fiesta's engine - it is a widespread problem. I hope you don't have such a problem. However, when your engine is detonating itself to death I don't believe continually attempting to get the manufacturer to fix the problem is being 'over sensitive.' Am I wrong here - should I just 'let it go' and let the engine shat itself outside the warranty period and foot the $6-$10K replacement costs that Ford have quoted me?

Is it being 'over sensitive' to expect a car built in 2010 by Ford to have decent a/c?

Like I said: 95% of Fezs won't have a problem, but Ford's sales of the Fez (last month were half of the Mazda 2s and down on the same period last year) as well as their other models (though nothing can save the Falcon) rely on Ford treating customers properly: I have had 2 years of experiencing the absolute worst customer service - and the results speak for themselves: Dale Ford is gone; if I was 'oversensitive' then they would still be thriving today. They ain't.

Perhaps FezWQ (and the two who 'liked' your post) can answer these simple questions.
I've replied to you on this time and time again as to my opinion on Ford customer service and warranty issues- I haven't made that many posts, so anybody who wants to read can go search, I don't have the time to reiterate my points again. As I've said in previous posts as well, I don't feel like having an argument for the sake of an argument. Nor will I choose to hit my head against the symbolic brick wall here.

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote