View Single Post
Old 18-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
leighm

Default Re: Track day setup for BA Falcon

The rear pads were only 3 months old and had covered only 2000km or so, no track days, pretty much brand new. It would make sense that it is heat related as to why they disintegrate, as to when they disintegrate I don't know. My theory would be they get hot and wear out very fast, each session I could see a lot of brake material covering the back wheels, literally pools of dust with small specks of metal were evident from the pads.....much more than the front which take most of the braking effort. I didn't think they should wear out that fast though...given that the front stock Brembo pads have now been through three track days and still have about 3mm material left.

Is there a pad that can be manufactured that will take the heat? Is there an off the shelf product than can be used. I have no issues with having a set of track pads which I change in and out. I think it would be more economical anyway since they should last longer if a little endurance is in the compound...my street pads then will last forever and a day considering how much I drive this car on the street.
leighm is offline   Reply With Quote