View Single Post
Old 17-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
nelsonian101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Track day setup for BA Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighm
Thanks for your help.

I am looking to keep the solid rears I have for now and try another pad....definitely not A1R from QFM as they disintegrate. Waste of money for the track and a waste of a day because they do not last. Is there anything in a DB1376 I can use that will not crumble?

As for the fronts with the 4 pot brembos, DS2500 sound good and I have heard good things about them...but they are still a compromise pad. What will a race track orientated pad give me over say a DS2500 on the track? I have heard terms like initial bite etc being very different on road compared to track pads. Any advice on a pad and why would be greatly appreciated.
I do 5 or 6 track days per year in an FG and can vouch for the Endless pads that fit my front 4 pots. PC35 work fine on the track. I change them for track days/day before as found they were too noisy/squeal day to day.

Went with the rear Territory upgrade 328mm Ventilated and recommend it as a cost effective option compared to Brembo rears.

Have used front dba400 (transferred too much heat to centre and stuffed 2 sets of front bearings). Now use lighter dba500 with alloy centre hats and recommend them. About to try the new slotted dba style rotor too.

350,000kms+

Road registered Lap record holder at Wakefield for any Ford or 2wd 4 door, of any make.....ever!!

Wakefield 1.07.4 SMP GP 1.48.1 Marulan 43.4 Winton 1.35.4
nelsonian101 is offline   Reply With Quote