View Single Post
Old 17-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
leighm

Default Track day setup for BA Falcon

Hi there,

A couple of questions. I have Brembo 4 pots on the front of my BA with the standard solid rear disk single piston rears. I attend a few track days a year. I had QFM A1R pads on the rear which on two occassions have crumbled down to nothing leaving steel on steel and damaging my discs after 3 sessions out on the track....obviously I don't want to use these again for the track.

I am now thinking I will probably be better off swapping pads in and out for the track days so I can get the most out of a pad and heopefully get 8-9 laps of Eastern Creek in without fade (got 7 on Saturday with the QFMs and stock Brembos on front before fade and destruction). What pad do you recommend for the track?

As an alternative is there any pad out there that can be used for street and track that will cope with high speed stops for 9 laps and still have pad material left over for the drive home? The stock Brembos on front have done 2 track days and approx 20000km and while only have a small amount of material left now, have served me extremely well....but some more braking power would be nice from a race pad....

leighm is offline   Reply With Quote