View Single Post
Old 26-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #14
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkau
This has me worried im on my final year of a BA in Bussiness in Management though I have a minor in marketing and have done alot of subjects in it. Im worried now if ill even get a job at the end.
Yeah unfortunately a degree doesn't really mean as much now as it used to. I did alot of (elective) subjects at uni that I thought would help me find a job (ie business ethics, industrial relations, org. behaviour, etc) but who knows if they mean anything to a potential employer.

Its strange that uni's in aust seem to teach you every concept or model in your field but when you finish uni you don't have any knowledge of how to get a job (just a pretty piece of paper!) There should be a compulsory subject on finding employment (Employment 101??!!)

If it isn't too late for you blinkau, and your uni offers it, do an internship (or similar) as one of your last subjects. Gives you some real experience in the role you want after you finish your degree. I wish I did!
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote