View Single Post
Old 21-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #11
thearrow

Default Re: Look what I just ordered....!!!

Finally had my headers installed yesterday and man-o-man what a difference .

It is exactly like the DYNO figures shown here...

http://www.msdsinc.com/ho810.html

When you get to about 3500rpm the power comes on fast and hard. By 4000rpm you can feel it really pulling HARD with heaps of GRUNT left as the secondary injectors cut in and the fuel starts to really pump. At this rpm you can feel it pushing you back in the seat.

The downside is that it is louder now than what it was and it was LOUD before. I think it is still legal but even at low rpm it is loud so I will have to get some sort of resonator on it to pull it back a bit as the daily grind to and from the airport will be intolerable (although I could always turn up the radio a few notches).

It is a totally different car now and of course will have to get used to the whole thing again cos as soon as you use the kick down the thing is straight into the power band and then it lunges forward with a raspy growl.

Not sure if there will be any economy gains when everything settles down, including me, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Took my mechanic most of the day with an install cost of $550.00 as it is a difficult a job to get into and under the engine but well worth it.

Will post pics when I can get it up on a hoist.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote