View Single Post
Old 24-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I got pulled over by an off duty cop!

On friday night, I left a party and was heading down maroondah hwy to my girlfriends house. I was travelling at the speed limit. At the lights a old XA-XC ute pulled up next to me with a nice and loud V8, it sounded pretty good.

I gave the eb a bit to the speed limit and sat on 80 for a while then the ute pulled up next to me and the guy gave me a mouthful, I didnt know what he was on about then he flashed a badge and told me to slow down. I gave him a WTF look and slowed to about 75 and kept driving, then later he came up beside me again and pointed to me to pull over on the side of the hwy.

Is he allowed to do this when not in uniform or in a police car?

He got out and told me I was speeding, I told him I wasnt and he kept saying he didnt want to book me and just to take it easy. I went along with it and he let me off. Can he book me? Surely not, using his car as a speed measuring device.

I didnt really feel comfortable being pulled over by someone who wasnt in uniform and wasnt sure if he was really a cop when I got out of the car.

Am I required by law to pullover or do anything he says? I wouldnt want my girlfriend to pullover for a stranger in the same position.

Surely my speedo would have been more accurate than his being a 35 year newer car.

Can any of you guys fill me in on these details?

Last edited by dansedgli; 24-01-2005 at 10:59 AM.
dansedgli is offline   Reply With Quote