View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #76
zdcol71
zdcol71

Stopped in to the Alfa dealership on the way home from work one day,still in my overalls, just to have a look around. In there for a good 20 mins, and could see a suited guy keeping an eye on me. Eventually he tells the front counter girl to come over and take care of me, she goes through the speil..."beautiful car, hey, expensive... blah, blah" She looked a little smug when I told her I was interested in a late model demo they had, asked me if I had a trade ,and when I showed her the Alfa I had driven up in outside, she nearly broke some sort of land speed record to get the uppity salesman, who proceeded to cover me like a rash!!
Another time, I'm in said Alfa with the kids L plates still in situ, driving around with the dog perched up on the front seat. Pull up at a set of lights and the copper who pulled up next to me shot of a quick rebuke for having the L's still on,without either of the kids in the drivers seat...Told the copper I only had another 20 hours to go and I could sit my test, old Iggy(dog) was doing a great job getting me through, and the coppers near pi$$ed themselves