View Single Post
Old 21-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #19
chief
FTF Club Moderator

This is what I wrote on another ff.com.au insurance forum. This info is still current. I made the salls on th 20/01/05.

Being on your parents insurance does not work with AAMI by the way. They wont insure you. Parents yes, you No.

Shannons told me that ifi it is a daily driver or not what they deem to be a classic they wont insure me.

Just cars insurance is $2220 for unlimited modifications and I am under 25. The excess is $1400 though. Also dont have choice of repairer. (They take your repairers quote and match with a quote of theres, who ever is cheaper gets the job). When I turn 22 the premium goes down by $200, and when I turn 25 it goes down a further $400. That is a total of $1620 for unlimited mods for anyone over 25.

Vigil is $1561, there do have a clause to get a premium that cheap you need an after market alarm / security system. If not it is a bit more expensive. They do offer choice of repairer, and have 12 moths road side assistance.

AAMI. They suck. Heard some bad stories from mates about them. They only let you do one modification then they will cover the car and not the mods. If you cause an accident because of one of your mods they dont insure you for that particular crash.

NRMA Is one of the better all rounders. They are good, rather competitive price $1800 for my car and offer bulk discounts.

I have not called GIO,SUNCORP or TORQUE yet. The reason I know this is I am in the middle of trying to insure a highly modified AUII Wagon. (Soon to become a TS50 wagon, i will explain that later.)

Out of interest I am heading down the road of Vigil. Anyone used them? Who underwrites them? ie who backs them; see Just Car Insurance is underwritten by AAMI.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote