View Single Post
Old 16-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #159
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Quick update.
Most rego issues have been sorted now, but still need to do the brake and noise test.
Im happy to say that the trimmers have been booked to retrim the back section for the car, due to the installation of the bucket seats.
there is a far amount to do as well, this is because the harness's have been replaced by eneria reel belts and rear belts added ( also child safety mount for the boys baby seat). the front enertia reels protrude into the flat floor, so that needs to be rebuilt and the rear seats are pushed all the way back to the parcel tray, requiring the parcel tray trim to be modified.
All ready repositiond the Amp and its wires and also have moved the brake boosters too.
Heres a quick shot of the mock up.

The tops of the seats have been cut off at the blue texta line to improve rear vision for the driver.
As you can see the sub has been relocated too, though sound isnt too important to me. speakers have gone to the parcel tray too.
The foam on the base of the seats will be trimmed to lower the seating position to give better head room and the shape of the insert on the back will be molded to suit the front seats.
Still need to make covers for the enertia reels for the rear seats and the fill panels for seat to door trim and the center console extention as well.

The car is booked to have the trim work done the week of AFD sydney, so its going to be a busy week!
The boys are still flat out after summernats, (the HQ that won Tuff street was and elite customs trim job and has got them a fair bit of work) and this is the only time mine could be squeezed in.

Back on the engine build up side of things,
Ive just finish a 429 for my brothers XW ute, so i'll be getting back into mine shortly.
ive made up some new stuff so here you go.

This is a sandwich plate for between the blower and injector hat, to hold electronic injectors. machined the fuel rails too. made from 6061 Ally, there is about 5 hours machine work for both the plate and rails, yet to make the supports to tie the two together.

This is the high pressure fuel pump, fed from the swirl pot.

This is the swirl pot. Made from 316 stainless steel, it fetures and intrenal baffle, -8an in and out feed bungs and a -6 return to tank as well as a -6 return from the fuel rails. It holds 3.6 Lts and is to be fed buy the two existing holley blue pumps. Its not pretty but it works!

Made these bungs to go into the fuel pump, -8 in and out feed lines

and the ECU.
Ive also started on a new sump out of Alloy and made a sync pickup for the cam (No. one TDC sync)

Looking at a few options at present.
forged Piston choice for a blown stock stroke, stock length rod, 20 thou over clevo is a bit small, so either the block will go to 0.030" or i'll put a Scat 393-408 stroker kit in it giving me a better piston chioce with out going custom pistons ( another chioce).
from there its timing chain, push rods, main studs, girdle and away we go again.

Seeya on the streets!

Limetime Green '74 XB Coupe- Classic not Plastic.

Blueprint '02 Pursuit 250- Plastic not Classic (yet)

Venom '01 AUII Rebel- RIP. Gone to a better place.

Winter White '12 FG GT 335 R-Spec - something the wife thrashes daily

'05 CRF450X- For getting dirty in the, um, dirt.
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote