Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #90
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren327
Hey Paul,

A couple of points, first up congrats on your resto, you're doing a fantastic job and the efforts you're putting into it are showing with the high quality results.

Second, can I just say a quick thank you for posting up all the detailed pics of your resto. I've found your pics along with the other restos on here very helpful with restoring my own coupe.
Darren,
The pics posted so far are but only a fraction of the ones that I have taken. If you need anymore, let me know. I can either post them up or email them to you. I tried to take as many prior to dis-assembly as possible and then a whole heap as I go putting the car back together again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren327
Lastly, can I ask a question. The trim piece that attaches to the front of the rear windows, is that meant to be chrome/polished or is it meant to be black in the Cobras? I noticed that you have them in chrome, however a lot of the Cobras I've looked at have them in black.

Cheers and good luck with the rest of your resto.

Regards
--
Darren
Black.

I have gone chrome so as to maintain the 'side chrome look'. That is, the gutter moulds are chrome, the door top moulds are chrome as are the C pillar moulds. To me, although it seperates the windows, it just looks a bit dis-jointed having all of the window surround in chrome with a black centre piece.

With respect to the front and rear window surrounds, they will be black as per standard.

And thanks for the nice words.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote