Month/year build: 2006
Spec Level: LS CL Auto
KMs total: 42000kms

Old Problems/Replacements:
Sloshing fuel sounds and thumping from rear of car/Fuel tank replaced
Noisy AC compressor/AC compressor Replaced
?/Accelerator pedal replaced
?/Drive belt replaced
Noise from transmission/Transmission removed and worn parts replaced (5 week wait on parts with no courtesy car)
Buzzing sound from engine bay/Water pump replaced
Something loose in driver door/Clips replaced
Rotors and pads all worn out/All replaced (Not under warranty)
Shaking at 80km/Drive shaft replaced

Current Problems:
High pitched hum inside cabin
Engine running/idling rough
Usual creaks and groans
Woo woo woo sound at speeds under 60 that speeds up and slows down as the car does
Transmission hard shifts
Delayed acceleration
Whole car shudders when changing down from 4th under strain - intermittent problem that disappears when I take a Ford tech for a drive. Mostly occurs when heading up a hill, engine starts to struggle so I accelerate, the pedal is almost on the floor before it actually accelerates, changing down from 4th to 3rd/2nd to give it extra revs and shuddering the whole car for a second or 2 in the process.

Best thing about the transmission related problems is they only started after my local ford dealership had their dodgy backyard shed transmission guy (literally a shed in a backyard) work on it. Before then it drove great, just had some noise which I thought should get checked out. Now I reckon half the time I could shift smoother in a manual, and ford keeps telling me theres nothing worng with it.

All in all a real lemon, though all the problems except for the transmission related ones have been fixed. If only that could get that sorted out I'd almost have what I paid new car prices for.

Taking the car to another dealership closer to sydney soon to have the transmission checked out.
agentsmithbob is offline   Reply With Quote