Thread: A Little Upset
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
As for comparing it with a BA Falcon, the body work on all our last 3 BA's have been A1 compared to this Focus and alot of other new ones I am seeing especially in dark colours...
Oh, our BA Falcons paintwork was quite good, it looked good parked in Fords workshops for four months. I am not starting a "BA Falcons are poo" debate, I am sure lots of them are really nice. I am highlighting that regardless of where you buy your cars, you aren't assured of a problem free car.

I can't remember if it's Australia Mercs or Beamers that are made in South Africa and sent here as well, but it's more common than people think. Still, German doesn't mean good. Have a look at every single time Top Gear tests a Mercedes, something is broken, they talk of Merc build quality as worse than a kebab you buy at 4am. BMW doesn't even make the X3 itself, it subcontracts the manufacture out. The latest Porsche 911 Carrera S's gearknob came off in Jeremy Clarksons hand when he changed gears!

I think you have to take each manufacturing line on its own merits, and if the Focus one in South Africa is having paint quality issues, then Ford will soon know about it.

Still, in the case of overspray, I don't believe thats always a build problem, that can happen when vehicles get damaged during transport and they are touched up here. I've seen it on a few Fiestas that had dents in their bonnets from trucking.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote