View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #58
Philjarrah
Starter Motor

Default Yes Yes Yes No No Don't think so.

G'Day Folks,
I joined to get an insight into the Mondeo & Ford AU. Thinking of changing my Diesel VW Wagon and decided to do the rounds. I have lived in the UK and followed all the reports and reviews (always on new cars). What a pity they don't report on cars after they 2 yrs old. The Mondeo always received rave reports, handling, space (why no wagon in Oz), quality etc. Yet Fords CRC and depreciation is terrible out there. No different here. Good car when in the showroom but lousy quality control, follow up service, reliability and should we even consider "Last-ability". Where in 9yrs. circa Laser 2000!"!!!
Have a read of the "JD Power Surveys" Many years in the US and quite a few in the UK. From what I've seen over here, no change. Will Ford and their likes ever change, will they ever learn. I've been on the road for quite sometime with Motorbikes(British that disintegrated beneath me) and cars from Alfa's(also fell apart) to VW's. As someone stated cars are the 2ND most expensive acquisition and most of us cannot trade in every couple of years when the problems start. I guess I will have to keep looking. The TDCi is a good engine. I am a diesel fan such a pity that Honda gives us a raw deal in Oz by not bringing in the the excellent Accord Diesel Wagon.
Thanks for the info. How did we cope before the internet? Right who else makes a diesel hatch or wagon.
Philjarrah is offline   Reply With Quote