View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #52
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Two thirds of the owners who've voted here are very happy with their Mondeo. A few are not very happy at all, and of course you're the ones writing most of the posts. It sounds to me that the issue is not so much the car, but the unwillingness of Ford AU and their dealers to fix the problems. If you look at the Mondeo forum in the UK, you'll see a similar attitude as well, although not as bad as in Australia.

I think Ford as a company really need to change their attitude. They make some great cars, but if they keep ****ing off the people who buy them, especially in this current market, then they're probably headed in the same direction as GM.
Reason from across the ditch. I also note that a lot of the members who joined early on, no longer post on this Forum (this was one of the early threads on the new Mondeo http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11199255). Perhaps they are happy with the car and see no point in commenting further. I've attempted to put up alternative views and it has been to my detriment.

Ian B also reasons correctly that it is Ford and CRC that are the problems, it is the unwillingness and blocking that is most frustrating. And also agree wholeheartedly that "we could have the issues with anything we buy from a house to a piece of cheese." Be careful here Ian B, you too could find yourself being ignored because you attempt to raise an alternative view. And because you have agreed with me in a previous post, you too may be in the dog house not only by association, but also due to you not agreeing 100% with what others maybe posting.

As NZ XR6 says "A few are not very happy at all, and of course you're the ones writing most of the posts." Squeaky wheel syndrome.

I think I'll step back a bit now and watch for a while. I am still happy with my car (I'm probably as happy with it now as I was when I first picked it up). Sure there are some little things that I think could have been done better, not just quality but also with Ford CRC, and there are some issues that are now becoming more apparent, but I am not letting them get to me, and they are not the focus of all my attention.

I believe that all views are important and that this forum helps others out by encouraging a free flow of information and opinions. This is becoming lost on this forum, and the forum will be worse off because of it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote