View Single Post
Old 28-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
The room in the Mondeo is fantatsic and it will be missed. Ive had quite a few issues with mine, hence time to say goodbye. I drove the focus last night and couldnt believe the sound it produced. Was pretty happy with it overall and only downfall i could see is No cruise control. So im 90% convinced at the moment but also starting to think if it will be big enough. We have a 14 month daughter and sometimes space is a necessity.
Other issue I really wanted white. But all gone (08) that is. Im after 08 LV obvioulsy to save some $$$$. Trying to pretty much changeover with minimal costs. At the moment looking at $2500 changeover. Blue LV with stripes and floor mats.
Small change over. I guess the dealer is trying to make something out of the deal.

We have a 7 year old, and as our only family car, I found it to be way too small. I'm not sure how you will go with prams and strollers. The boot fills up very quickly.

Sound is fantastic. I agree, cruise is a downfall, but I've not used mine yet.

I know where you are coming from. I had no end of drama's with mine. I think it's the luck of the draw. So far the Mondeo has been faultless and it restores my faith in the ford product. I actually enjoy driving the car. The focus I found was no desire to be in it, incase something else went wrong. I just think I was unlucky.

Good luck with the LV. It is a fantastic looking car. An improvement over previous LS/LT model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
Apart from the water that gets in the Mondeo when I lift the rear hatch, the only ongoing annoying is that I find it a very difficult car to park, not only because of the high rear but also the front end as well. In some carparks the width of the front door has actually stopped me from getting out. I don't think I could park it without the sensors.

I've wimped a bit now and if I know the parking situation in advance (like my local Coles/Kmart) I take my Laser.

Apart from that I never owned a car I enjoy driving as much as the Mondeo.
That is the one thing I found as well. Parking is a bugger. I've almost hit a pole in a car park, thank god for those sensors, I'd have clearly hit the pole without them.

I read about the water in the boot issue. I checked my seal, being Sept08 model, it's got the new seal and the new exhaust tips.

They are a pleasure to drive. I notice the difference in power between the focus and mondeo. But I don't mind, as its more comfortable to drive. I also can't wait to try the heated seats in Canberra in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondeoManiac
After considering a new car for a while I too am now the proud owner of a Mondeo and could not be happier with the car!
Congratulations on your purchase. Sea Grey was my 2nd choice. Ink Blue was 3rd.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote