View Single Post
Old 16-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #81
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Um but doesn't it work the other way with younger people? I mean, I couldn't legally get behind the wheel until I was 16, and nowadays you need at least 1 year (in QLD at least) on your L plates before you're allowed to drive by yourself.

I'm 26 now so it doesn't bother me but I think its a bit rich to say its wrong because its discrimination when it works the other way as well. Lots of things in life are based around age.

What about APIA who only insure 'older drivers'? Or Fernwood who won't let blokes into their gym?

As you get older your body slowly degenerates, its a fact of life. Testing old people every so often should not be a problem - if they're fit they can drive, if they're not, they don't.

Same happens with young kids. How many young blokes have gone for their license and failed it? It costs a fortune to go for the tests these days so they go through a hell of a lot of worry too...

I passed mine first go but jeez even back then it was about $150 I think to take the test.

And your point is???

If your trying to say the young are discriminated against then I agree with you.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote