View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 01:44 AM   #81
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Okay, I'm going to stir up a hornets nest but something has to be said.................

..........Let the flaming begin but facts are facts. Tell the truth and the whole truth or keep your times and your claims to yourself. :
He He He Go Pete, interesting thread.
I have nothing against cars running boost(check the signature). I don't believe you are having a go at geea :sm_headba and the like.
I know exactly what you mean. VL's etc that sit there spooling up after the lights have come down!
It's not like they don't know the lights are going to come down after the burn out, why not start spooling up then?
At street meets everyone pays thier money so I guess it's fair that people do what they like.
And as far as beginners go, hey take as much time as you need we have all been there.
In pure drag racing terms the first to the line wins, it does not matter what times are run(allowing for breakouts).

Personally I've dragraced street cars for more years than I care to admit. After getting the best time out of your current ride what then?
Then you have to improve your own performance, reaction time!
Often I've come up next to a car I know is more powerful, so I race the driver off the line.
In fact anytime I'm at the line on a dragstrip, it's the final of the nationals and I need to cut a good light to take out the final and win on points for the year. Hey I can dream!!

When the flag drops the bull stops!