View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #20
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcv8
I understand that, but a lot of people get novated and operating leases mixed up. If your employer does an operating lease, as Telstra does, then it is madness to do anything else.

That 15k ( actualy it was 15,710 per annum) included all fuel, tyres, services, repairs, accident damage etc.
In my case with the 172,000km (110,000 in year one) I had 3 windscreens fitted, 3 minor accidents (family hit wombats/kangaroos and son sideswipped an armco barrier while avoiding a kangaroo) 5 sets of tyres etc and I did not pay one cent more than the operating lease cost. Basically Telstra fleet made a loss on the car.
That was a good deal. People seem to only include the value of the car. The quotes I had for a car about 38k purchase price was about 12k a year lease cost for 3 years. 7k a year fuel. Rego, insurance, service costs and one set of tyres per year. Add the FBT tax and it came to about 21500 to 22k, I cannot remember exactly. This would of been paid with pre tax dollars. To let go my company car the company was going to give me 22k a year more to compensate.

For the record, with the price of fuel going the way it, is I am glad I stuck with a company car.

Steve
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote