View Single Post
Old 26-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xt3valve
My 3v is an auto.

20-30 grand sounds very expencive. Im not looking to break any power records or anything. I just want a good reliable supercharger that makes good power for the street/strip. Not pluging or anything but bpt sell there PD kits for 14 grand all in. So could you please explain where the extra 16 grand comes in. Im just looking at my options thats all. And could you please answer my question could the KB kit be made to fit the 3v 5.4l. Wouldnt the measurements be the same. Just different heads. I would like to go PD but may have to go Centrifugal by the looks of it.

Thanks
Shaun
Shaun,

We are looking at the 3v as a proposition, however due to market forces, we will be concentrating on development of our LS1/LS2 kit, and our FG ORION Boss kit.

The 3v is quite a limited market.

A budget of 20 to 30 will include the following,

BPR Intercooled blower kit with a 2.6 twin screw compressor
BPR airbox
Difilippo Exhaust
Fully speccd BPR engine
Clutch/converter to suit
"Gun" fuel system
modified engine mounts........

and you should at least get some change.

Its not as "easy" to just throw a blower on a manifold. We are not in the business of slapping a kit together. If we were to pursue the 3v, we will buy a car, build and test a prototype manifold, build a pattern, cast a test piece, write a CNC and then go into production.

After the kit is readied, and say you want to run one on your car, the BPR KB range are proven for their poundage to be the most efficient setup in Aust, and the facts are shaun that you could easily get addicted, and continue to search for power. Easy for you to settle on a certain power level, and thats fine, but if you want to "stand" on it with confidence, a built engine is the only way to go.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote