View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #34
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
have you had a look at a subaru liberty they are also pretty good and have excellent safety and resale....
My neighbour has one. He's a mechanic and after talking to him about it he wouldn't buy one again. Whilst he likes the car, he doesn't like the very small boot with 2 kids he feels this is important, but unfortunaltly his wife one this battle.

Another thing he has told me, in the service guide there's infomation missing (deliberately) by subaru about what they do in their servicing. In the beginning, he'd service the car himself but has found out they give the heads a Chemical Clean every so many 10K km. ( basically clean the carbin deposits from the valves, i believe theres been a few threads on hear telling people easy ways to do it themselves) After a service this particular time, his wife, at the shops, basically stalled the car in the intersection, tried to start it, and it nearly shook itself to bits. cost them an arm and a leg to get it to the service department where they were charged basically full service $$$.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote