View Single Post
Old 24-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_eb_fairmont
As near as I can tell, the interior of the EA to EL is pretty much exactly the same, the AU got a better looking interior, but on the other hand, the outside turned to crap. I don't know what the difference is with the engine, and I cant be bothered to look it up, but I do know the wheel offset changed with the AU, so if you buy any pre-au falcon, theres only a limited amount of wheels available, unless youre stupid enough to fit spacers. With the AU's, I'm pretty sure that the offset is still the same, so yo wont have problems with the wheels sticking inside the guards.
If you reckon the EF/L XRs look better than the AU XR, you need to see a shrink! LOL!

As for the engines, they are lots better particularly in the area of head gaskets and the VCT is great packaged with the IRS. I drove an AU yesterday with full exhaust, XR6 HP cam, tuned with 5 speed and 3.7 diff gears and it was magnificent.

With regards to there being only a limited amount of wheels you can get, that's just plain wrong and I'm surprise no one has corrected you yet. AU's share the same offset as the BA/F so there's a stack of wheel options.

I do however, agree with your point about spacers.

Cheers,

GK

P.S AU XRs have 3.45 diff gears.

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote