View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #60
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
Wow that's some serious mileage, I do 850km per week (170km x 5) driving 2 hours a day. I reckon it's great to find a car that is really economical but goes hard and is fun to drive as well. Thanks for the accessory info

I'm only getting a single-CD as well but does it really matter when you can plug an iPod in?

The reason mine is taking so long is because they're waiting for the parts to come in, which are a bodykit and body side mouldings plus I'm getting the rear spoiler painted. Be sure to post some pics when you pick it up!!
You're welcome for the info. ;)

Yeah I agree - gotta have a car you can afford (and enjoy) to drive for work. I've done this commute for four years now - I've gotten to the point where I really need a good, reliable car that won't have me stranded half way up the Western Hwy (used to own XF Falcon, KF Laser, now EBII Wagon)... and as much as I enjoy driving my BA Fairmont Ghia (220 v8), I don't like the $38/day in petrol it costs me (not to mention wear & tear).

...I'm now expecting to pickup the car on Friday (getting the $$ finalized always dampens the fun!).

Oh FYI - organising insurance for the TDCi is going to be fun - not many insurers have the new model listed on their online forms, so you may end up having to arrrange insurance over the phone (It's gotta be "Focus TDCi").
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote