View Single Post
Old 29-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #130
kcbworth

Month/year build: Mar 06
Spec Level: LX
KMs at time of fault: 14,700
Symtoms:
Had a couple of big problems, primarily with paint when we received the car. Eventually had those resolved, but just had our 1 year service, but since we have got the car back it has frequently been losing power, particularly when driving slowly and after first start. Culminated the other day when we couldnt get above 50km/h and the engine warning light came on (very scary for first new car). Occurred about 6:30pm and took into Service Center straight away.

Fault:
Apparently an injector coil was dead and the engine was "getting poor spark".

Fixed? By:
Was told they didnt have a spare but they ordered one in expecting following day. They didnt get one but had one by Friday and it took a few hours of me waiting around to get it replaced. Good thing it was ready by then as I had a pre booked trip to the coast that I would have been very, very, very unhappy if I had missed.

Comments:
After the part was first replaced the car actually performed better than ever before (particularly off the line). However, first start of the car on Saturday morning, the car started doing it AGAIN (choking, spluttering, feel like it was going to stall). We had to leave so I turned it off, started up again and revved for a bit (like I was warming the engine) and it got us to the coast pretty well. Still unhappy that it happened again and have no idea what to do. Hasnt happened yet since. I'll monitor it but I'm not happy at all atm.
kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote