View Single Post
Old 13-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Sorry guys I meant to say it saved me $285 not $385.....
The cops were sitting in a car park drive way behind a HUGE shrub, didn't see them until we went past them, 11.30 PM going down Middleborough Rd (4 lane road), NO ONE around 88 in a 60, when we got pulled over I asked where they were sitting? "up the road" asked them where again and he pointed to the car park, the wife went and started taking pics on her phone and said "about here" as she was next to the shrub, she could not see through it except for the next cars head lights, was asked why I was speeding and told them that I wasn't, the wife has said "you cant see any thing from here", any way I was given a on the spot fine for 85 in a 60 zone $285.00 and suspension of license for 1 month, well I sent off a letter asking for the proof basicly I asked them to provide me with the proof that the hand held devise was up to Australian standards and conforms to the National Measurement Act 1960 in respect of its use for making measurements for any legal purpose as well as a whole heap of other legal stuff (2 pages), as well as follow up letters.
The "charges" have been dismissed, and no further action will be taken.
So my $40 has saved me $285.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote