View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 12:00 PM   #69
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Also for resale if we wanna get snappy about it, heres some facts..

2004 FORD FOCUS

LR MY2003 Hatchback ST170 3dr Man 6sp 2.0i
average kms 18,000 - 22,000
Trade in price guide* $22,000 - $25,300
National average price - private sale* $24,600 - $28,400
Price when new (RRP) $37,000

2004 FORD FALCON

BA Sedan XR6 4dr SA 4sp 4.0i
average kms 18,000 - 22,000
Trade in price guide* $26,200 - $29,500
National average price - private sale* $28,900 - $33,100
Price when new (RRP) $39,575

Also interesting to note I paid less for my BA XR6 with 18s, Premium sound etc brand new then the retail of the ST170, what for 127 kw lol... As you can see theres not much difference in resale, Falcon still comes out marginally better.
I don't know a single ST170 owner that paid that much for their ST new, most I heard of only paid in the low 30s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Haha you talk some shit... Consider the Focus Sales in its category compared to Falcon... You will find that the XR brand probarly makes up more sales then the Focus alone... The Focus can't keep with any of the competition in the sales race... Ive driven two Focuses an LX anda SR and they were alright to drive, but the interior was BORING, and the Exterior was just UGLY... specially for a car that was going to cost me $26,000 at the time.
Once again, you're trying to justify to yourself that the Falcon is a better car due to sales volume over the Focus, and the Focus can't outsell its competition - hate to say it, but the Falcon isn't out selling its competition either. And no-one here is trying to say that the Focus is the best car in Australia either - so I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here.

And please don't come out with personal insults - not a single one more will be tolerated by anyone.

You can have your opinion, you love your BA XR6 NA - and that's ok. We liked our BA XR6 too - when it was not broken down on the side of the road with oil pouring out of it waiting for a tow truck back to Ford again. Plus the BA XR's replacement is not only faster, it uses alot less fuel and is alot more luxurious. But that's another story entirely!

We buy our cars for other reasons than you, obviously, otherwise we'd all be driving BA XR6 NAs. You prefer your car - that's fine. But be sensible with your next reply, no more insults will be tolerated, opinions are fine.

This is a forum, not a playground, so keep childish comments for home - goes for everyone.

:togo:

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote