View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #31
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Iv'e just turned 2o and bought my Ba xr8 when i was 19. To insure my EF xr8 for $16,ooo it was going to cost me $5,ooo in my name. TO insure a MKII Ba xr8 it was going to cost $515o, we all know which car i'd rather insure. Why should i be stung with such a high premium because i want a nice car.

I agree with the comp third party bit as i'd kill anyone who wrote my car off and didn't have insurance.
Why should you be stung with high premium because you want a nice EXPENSIVE and POWERFUL car when you are such an inexperienced driver? Okay I don't know you so you might be a good driver, but as far as years on VICROADS goes, you are an inexperienced driver.

So you are driving a RRP $50k car, which is classified powerful because it has 8 cylinders and 330cubic inches of displacement. You are inexperienced on VICROADS paid for blacktop.

Hmmm Yes I can understand why you should be 'stung' with a high premium.

To Re-iterate my above post, if you cannot afford the costs of running an expensive or above average car while you are an 'inexperienced' driver then you cannot afford the car.

Hell, perhaps people under the age of 21 should have to pay for Advanced Driving and only allowed to drive a car which has full comprehesive insurance, rather than having a restrictive vehicle list that includes a BA I6 XT Wagon.